Ten Air Conditioning Repair Maintenance Tips
1. Clean or replace the air filters on a monthly basis, especially in winter or summer when these systems work for longer periods. Dirty filters often result in reduced efficiency and energy wastage that, in turn, accrues high bills for you as the homeowner.
2. Obtain a programmable thermostat, then set the temperature higher during summer, when retiring to bed, or out at work.
3. Air leaks cause many heating and cooling problems for homes. Thus, have your home inspected for damaged seals and cracks in the doors and windows. To reduce leaks, add caulk around the frames of your windows and weather stripping around the doors. Again, do a ductwork inspection to ensure a clean and efficient heating and cooling system.
4. Clean the radiators, air registers, and baseboard heaters as required. Ensure these components are not blocked by carpets, furniture, and draperies.
5. To maintain a clean and efficient operation of your HVAC equipment, it is important to carry out preventive maintenance. Experts recommend having your unit inspected and cleaned at least twice a year. The refrigerant, drains and filters should be checked, and the coils should be cleaned.
6. The insulation of your home can be a big contributor to energy loss. Inspect the crawl spaces and attic of your house for proper insulation.
7. During summer, close the drapes and blinds to keep out the sun’s heat. Use ceiling or portable fans to keep the rooms cooler, and the fans should run clockwise for better cooling.
8. Be on the lookout in the air vents for molds and other pollutants that may be entering your house and polluting the air.
9. Inspect the fan, belts and bearings of the HVAC system. Though these parts don’t have a direct effect on your IAQ, it is important to inspect them as part of the preventive maintenance program.
10. If your HVAC system has malfunctioned, look for a reputable air conditioning repair company, such as Glacier Heating and Air, that can help bring it back to tiptop condition. – Douglas Trattner, houselogic.com
AIRMAX Heating & Air operates 24 hours a day, always ready to assist you with any heating and cooling needs you may have. We are a family owned Air Conditioner & Heating business and offer a comprehensive air conditioning repair service in Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester as South Carolina’s Top Choice!.
Call today! (843) 614-3276
Like us on Facebook!