AC Repair – Hire The Right Air Conditioning Company
Picture this: on a 99-degree day in the middle of August, your AC system suddenly stops working – leaving you, your children, and your pets with no relief from the unrelenting heat of summer.
Pretty horrific scenario, right? Unfortunately, that’s just the type of nightmare that can drive some homeowners to make snap decisions and become more vulnerable to dishonest sales tactics or outright scams – especially since most homeowners aren’t familiar with the ins and outs of their home’s HVAC system, causing them to rely on their service provider’s expertise and honesty.
How to hire the right AC repair company:
Angie’s List, a subscription-based, crowd-sourced review website of local businesses, offers the following tips on how to avoid a painful and costly run-in with the wrong AC repair company.
- Check licenses. Many states, and even some cities and municipalities, require HVAC contractors to have specific licenses to operate on HVAC equipment.
- Do your homework. This means checking references (a professional AC repair company should have a list of recent customers that you can call), and checking to make sure that the company is bonded and insured in addition to being licensed.
- Get more than one estimate. Get at least three written estimates from three different companies that detail the project’s overall scope and completion dates.
- Pay attention to detail. When looking at new or replacement heating and cooling equipment, ask prospective companies what specific manufacturers or equipment brands they carry. Unlike other home improvement contractors, AC repair companies often carry only a small selection of brands; and it’s important that you limit your hiring choices to companies that specialize in your equipment brand of choice.
- Ask about payment schedules. On a big job, especially when installing new equipment, you may need to make a deposit and make progress payments or planned payments. If you use a payment plan or apply for financing through the AC repair company’s line of credit, make sure you read all the fine print and know what you’ll be financially responsible for.
More HVAC related considerations:
If you and your AC repair company decide to take the route of installing a new furnace, you might want to consider having your air ducts cleaned as well. While you can’t always see the particles and mold spores that are being released into your home through your ductwork, chances are they’re there. And when a contractor changes out your furnace, he or she isn’t replacing the ductwork, so anything previously trapped inside will stay inside. When getting your furnace replaced, the best time to have your air ducts cleaned is while the old furnace is being removed; otherwise, you run the risk of that trapped debris blowing out of the vents upon startup. – advantaclean.com
AIRMAX Heating & Air operates 24 hours a day, always ready to assist you with any heating and cooling needs you may have. We are a family owned Air Conditioner & Heating business and offer a Comprehensive HVAC Service in Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester as South Carolina’s Top Choice!.
Call to book your AC Repair Appoiuntment today! (843) 614-3276